If you’ve come up with a new way of doing something and you’re wondering if you can protect the time and effort that went into the development of the invention, BLPLLC can help.
Our Patent Law Practice
We provide comprehensive legal counsel in all matters involving patents:
- Resolving patent disputes—We work with both plaintiffs and defendants in patent infringement actions, effectively and efficiently seeking to protect your rights. We will carefully gather and preserve all evidence, prepare and file all pleadings and other documents, and act as your advocate in all meetings, hearings, and proceedings. We can also help you negotiate a settlement to avoid the time and expense of a trial.
- Drafting and prosecuting patent applications—We start work with our clients by spending the time necessary to understand your invention and whether it can be patented. David Boag will carefully review similar existing patents and other devices, ensuring that your invention meets the patentability requirements. We’ll prepare all the documents necessary to help you secure a patent, including technical disclosures, drawings and claims.
- Enforcing patent rights—We conduct thorough investigations of any alleged infringement, prepare and file complaints and other pleadings, and litigate all matters before any court or tribunal.
- Negotiating and brokering patent sales and licenses—We will negotiate, review and draft agreements conferring the right to use or exploit a patent for a fee. Because of our extensive experience in intellectual property licensing, we know how contracts must be structured to best protect your interests. We can also represent you in breach of contract claims if a licensee fails to abide by the terms of an agreement.
- Maintaining your portfolio—Patent assets require maintenance and attention. Companies of all sizes trust us to keep track of important deadlines to ensure that all legal protections remain in force. We will also help you monitor when maintenance fees are due on a patent, helping you ensure those fees get paid in a timely manner, so that your patents remain in force.